This is one of our customers (engine #3) engine that used to be in a 1978 Camaro. The only reason why we had it was because they stated that it rattled way too much. Long story short the crankshaft was in a million pieces. To be exact the counterweights broke off. So, we simply tore it down cleaned the block, and basically we touched every single nut, washer, bolt, bearing, seal… you get the point. Of course we replaced the crankshaft to a scat (stroker). While we were at it we upgraded the camshaft to a custom grind,small base circle roller cam, from our friends at Compcams. Then, when we finally got it onto the run stand it sounded great! Later that day we got it running perfectly, thanks to some timing adjustments and carburetor tuning. Finally in January 2018 we found a buyer for the beast. He plans to drop it into his 1955 Chevy! Stay tuned for more updates!
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”9″ gal_title=”383 Repair”]